Wednesday 8 April 2015

Evaluation Question Three: What have you learned from your audiencefeedback?

Through the use of web 2.0, I display my work on the program 'Blogger', not only does this provide me easy access to complete work on any computer; but it is also easily accessible for audience members to view my work and provides me with statistics on who is consuming my products.

As I have a number of friends and followers on these social media sites that fit into my target audience, publishing and promoting my products on here enable me to gain a lot of audience feedback.





After reviewing these statistics I have found that the majority of the audience are from the United Kingdom and view my blog through the computer programmes of Google Chrome and Internet explorer, using web 2.0 thus they are familiar with modern technology and suggests they are younger consumers, like my target audience.
 
I published my music video on a range of programmes as well as Blogger and YouTube, including social media such as Facebook, Twitter and via iMessage.
 
 






 
 
In adittion, I also wanted to gain feedback from fellow media students, who have more experience with media language and terminology and can provide me more of a professional opinion. Thus I carried out a focus group, asking them questions I previously planned, consisting of:
 
1. How old are you and what demographic do I fit into?
2. Do my products appeal to you, if so why?
3. Do you think all of my products are effective and conventional?
4. Would you watch the music video again?
5. Is there any improvements you would recommend?
 
 

 
From the information and feedback they provided me, I was able to get a good understanding on how effective my products are and took on board the improvements they suggested.
 
As I have a number of friends and followers on these social media sites that fit into my target audience, publishing and promoting my products on here enable me to gain a lot of audience feedback. As I had requested audience feedback from a range of different social media sites, this enables me to collect from a diverse range of audience members, who would listen to different music genre's and would have different preferences.
Therefore below is a collection of feedback I gathered from a range of interactional sites, as social media is casual communication.
 




 
As I have a number of friends and followers on these social media sites that fit into my target audience, publishing and promoting my products on here enable me to gain a lot of audience feedback. As I had requested audience feedback from a range of different social media sites, this enables me to collect from a diverse range of audience members, who would listen to different music genre's and would have different preferences.

Once I had carried out the improvements that were suggested, I wanted to carry out more questions in detail to gain a further understanding of the audience's opinions on my products. Therefore I decided to create an online survey, so that I could gain feedback from anonymous people, as this could lead their comments to be more honest. Therefore I created a survey on www.surveymonkey.com


The results show that my audience was equally mized genders, therefore this shows creates a unbiased audience average opinion and is also effective as my music video was targeted at both genders, thus suggests I was successful in suiting my video for both genders.

 
These results show me that all of the audience members fit into the youth category equally between 16-19 and 20-25. This is good as this was the exact age range I had targeted for my audience thus their responses will tell me if I have been successul in my products attracting them.

 
The response to this question was hugely positive, as 100% of the audience members thought that my music video reflected the songs, therefore my aim to create cohesion throughout my products was a success. Furthermore, as I had already carried out reasearch in products of the Indie genre, this shows I was successful in conveying the conventions expected from that genre.

 
The responses to this question was also positive as the majority of the replies thought my genre was 'Indie' which is the actual genre of my products. In addition, I have previously stated how their are some sub-genre elements of alternative rock, therefore because the audience have picked up on this, it shows that they are the right age category for my target audience, as they are familiar with these genres.
 
 
The majority of these repsonses were all really positive and on a whole implied my products appeared legitimate and professional, like existing products. Some of these conventions include: the use of originality, the use of lip synching and the creative and wide range of loactions. This gives me the impression I have been successful in my aim to create a professional appearing music video and promotional packages.
 
 
All of the feedback from this question was really positive as everyone said they enjoyed watching my music video and they would watch it again. This is useful as it shows I have targeted the right audience for my products and I have created them to a high standard.
 
 
The majority of responses stated that they thought no improvements needed to be made, and the small minority of people suggests minature improvements including more lip synching throughout the video to make it fluent and brighter lighting. This is feedback I will take on board to improve my video even further.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment